Thursday, August 29, 2013

My First Batch of Goat Milk Soap

 My little yearling dairy goat Lily has me a little overwhelmed with milk.  She may be a dwarf dairy goat, but she milks like a much larger doe so I have been challenged to find new uses for her milk.


This week I made my first few batches of goat milk soap.

I started with (Beekman Boys) Dr. Brent Ridge's basic unscented goat milk soap recipe which I found on Martha Stewart's website HERE.  I added a few herbs, raw honey from my bees, vitamin E, and ground oats into the dark bars for me.  Then I ran it through a soap calculator online just to be sure my ratios were good, and Voila!  We have soap. The light colored bars contain a few drops of peppermint oil in them for my hubby.  

The soap still has to cure for a few weeks to be sure the lye has cooked out, but I used to make cold process soap often- and this soap was so mild after initial processing that I was amazed.  

We have soap for a year in under two hours.  



Do you make soap?

What is your favorite soap recipe?

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Soap
    All natural handmade soap for sale. Buy homemade goat milk soap for smooth, soft, silky skin that feels youthful and rejuvenated. Best goats milk soap online
    Glen Munter
    1101 Rockwell Lane
    New Bern, NC 28560
    glenmunter@gmail.com
    252-622-1097

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washing your skin using goats milk soap can benefit your skin's health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Soap
    Our homemade goat milk soap will slough off old, dead skin cells, revealing new, healthy skin underneath, to give you silky smooth skin and a radiant glow! You’re going to love the way your skin feels each and every time you use our goat milk soap
    Glen Munter
    1101 Rockwell Lane
    New Bern, NC 28560
    glenmunter@gmail.com
    252-622-1097
    http://gorgeoussoap5.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Soap
    Natural handmade soap for sale. Buy homemade goat milk soap for smooth, soft, silky skin that feels youthful and rejuvenated. Best goats milk soap online
    http://gorgeoussoap44.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Soap
    Natural handmade soap for sale. Buy homemade goat milk soap for smooth, soft, silky skin that feels youthful and rejuvenated. Best goats milk soap online
    http://udkoenyku.typepad.com/blog/2016/06/toxins-contained-in-normal-soaps.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Soap
    Natural handmade soap for sale. Buy homemade goat milk soap for smooth, soft, silky skin that feels youthful and rejuvenated. Best goats milk soap online
    http://gorgeoussoapp1.blogspot.rs/2016/07/treat-acne-effectively-with-goat-milk.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very interesting, but it is necessary to click on this link: OrganicDonkey Milk Soap

    ReplyDelete

We Have A Website

I have been raising nigerian dwarf dairy goats since 2013. This is one of my passions.  I am a member of the American Dairy Goat Associati...